Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Public Restrooms

I like to use public toilets more than my own sometimes, mostly because I like to judge. I mean, I know how comfortable using my own bathroom is, so I know what I'm getting when I head there, so I like to rate the restrooms of establishments I'm eating in or having a drink in. Plus if I wreck it, I don't have to deal with it...

A while ago I started taking photos of the cubicles to document how comfortable they are based on space, privacy, security, comfort and just a general overview of the stalls. Now this doesn't mean the actual room which the cubicle is in. That would require a whole new blog and I'm not really comfortable enough taking photos of urinals while people are there.

Today I used the Eddie Rockets bathroom on O'Connell Street.

F* me, it was small. God forbid you'd wanna stretch your legs a little bit. Like, that's probably as small as Ryanair toilets. The one saving grace about this jacks was that there were walls rather than a cubicle. I can't stand cubicles where you've no ceiling and the walls don't go down to the ground. The tiles made it impossible to graffiti so I guess that's clever but there was a wrought iron door where people had etched graffiti anyway.

You can't see it, but the toilet was a good 2 feet off the floor. It was above knee level. Doesn't sound mad, but when you consider that if you sit on it, your legs will be dangling, you realise how much of a goon you'll feel like on it. Plus the water/inner bowl level was pretty high so if you used a lot of tissue, you'd have to flush before... ya know...


C-

No comments:

Post a Comment