Monday, August 4, 2014

Exercise and food... sort of (Demetri Martin reference)

I've decided to convert this blog a bit, based mostly on a recent change in lifestyle and that my last post was about weight gain and supplements.

I weigh 75kg (at last weigh-in 4 months ago) and find it very difficult to gain weight. I play American Football so it's important for me to try keep muscle on so as well as training I go to the gym 3 times a week and as well as eating lean meals I take protein supplements every day.

My intake like most people usually includes a pre, during and post supplement regime.
Pre - Caffeine supplement with 15g protein and various vitamins like VITARGO®, ACTINOS™ AND BIOPERINE® (I couldn't begin to understand the science behind them, but I've found one pre-workout supplement that definitely works for me.
During - BCAA (powder/instant) Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine in a 2:1:1 ratio. At least it claims 2:1:1. I honestly just take this for the taste, I couldn't say I saw any noticeable benefit when I started taking it but sure, it was probably doing something good. However, I saw a significant change in my stamina when I added creatine monohydrate to the mix. I know not everyone is a proponent of creatine intake but it really is great stuff.
Post - Pure whey straight afterwards (I try get 40g via instant and a bar or something) and then a nice lean chicken dinner.

The team started a gym program ~9 months ago and we did body fat % checks at start and 4/5 month interval, and I was at 16% and then 12%. We have a check coming up soon so my target is <10 80kg="" and="" body="" fat="" p="" weight.="">
So, to summarize, I'm going to use this blog to track my progress. Bit narcissistic but whatever.
Bench - 90kg (100kg chains)
Deads - 150kg
Squat - 130kg



Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment